Gaith Abdo - cut2it CEO
Over the last three years, we developed a very sophisticated video engagement and collaboration platform that is cloud and mobile-based.
Although we are in the early marketing stage of the developed platform, the mobile app is scheduled soon for launch. We have won many awards: HCEDA award, Mindshare Coolest Technology of the Year award, Race for Innovation award and Daily Record's Innovator of the Year award.
The Maryland Center for Entrepreneurship and Gloria Jacobovitz, in particular, have been a great help in many ways:
- Educational programs by inviting speakers that address important topics to emerging businesses.
- Making available resources for reasonable costs by negotiating with local law offices and other professional services.
- They are always available to provide consultation and advice on issues like financial projections, business plans, presentations to VCs and a host of other support.
- Encouraging the formation of affinity groups and organize networking opportunities that are managed by Patrick Wynn.
- Improving the facility for business meetings and technical presentations.
- Interaction with other organizations to make more resources available like Startup Maryland.
- Most important for me is the continuous moral support.
The Howard Tech Council is at the epicenter of the local tech community. Our active and engaged membership base spans a variety of industries, providing members with access to a diverse collection of organizations.
The MCE incubator program, called the Innovation Catalyst (iCat) helps companies accelerate the commercialization of innovative technologies.